Ceramic tiles are high in demand these days given their thin and flat structure that comes with beveled edges. This makes them the perfect fit for flooring and covering surfaces. More than that, they also provide resistance from corrosion, water resistance, and thermal protection along with providing a decorative and elegant finish to the surface. One can find different types of designer ceramic tiles within their budget, and this is what makes these all-purpose tiles popular from tiling Sunshine Coast!
Today, we are going to share a quick guide about selecting the right ceramic tiles for your flooring and surface finish. These tiles come in various shapes and sizes, and they are secured to the intended surface with mortar. The spacing between the tiles is filled up with grout where cross-shaped plastic shapers are used before grouting. This gives a professional finish to the flooring structure.
You can find different types of ceramic tiles with options between categories and features alike. The best of them are as follows:
- Earthenware tiles are hard brittle, slightly porous, and waterproof.
- Stoneware tiles are glazed and are most commonly used for residential and light commercial construction with a stony look.
- Terracotta tiles come in attractive natural colors with various earthen tones. They are less expensive and a good alternative.
- Mosaic tiles are the beautiful and colorful pieces that are often used to make art and designer structures. Usually, they are used for the entrance and other places of attraction.
- Ribbed tiles are 3-dimensional ceramic tiles with an industrial look that are great for office spaces.
- Vitrified tiles have very low porosity and this makes them the right choice for outdoor flooring as they are strong and water-resistant.
- Quarry tiles are harder than regular bricks and have impervious paving. This makes them heat resistant and provides thermal insulation.
- Saltillo tiles are special unglazed clay floor tiles that come all the way from Mexico. It is quite expensive as it uses natural clay extracted from the earth.
Depending on the type of surface that needs covering like floors, rooftops, walls, bathroom, and other places you can make the tile selection. Just keep your budget and the surface area in mind while looking for tiles. Also, make sure that it matches the interior theme of the house and office space. For expert guidance and help, contact Club Ceramic that features an interesting range of tiles.