Thinking about a small house Christchurch? How can you set it up to make the most of the space? What are the benefits of buying a small home over a large one? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and more! We’ll also look at different types of tiny houses. So if you’re thinking of downsizing or want to know more about these houses in Christchurch, read on!
Small Homes are becoming more and more popular these days. There are plenty of reasons for this, but one of the main ones is that these houses in Christchurch can be a great way to downsize and save money. Before going further into their benefits, let yourself know what a small House means?
How do Small Houses differ from Average Houses?
Small houses are those that have a smaller floor area than conventional houses. The term ‘small house’ is used interchangeably with ‘tiny house’, ‘micro-house’, or even simply ‘miniature house’. In New Zealand, the average tiny house size is around 100 square meters. It is much smaller than the average New Zealand house, which is about 160 square meters.
These small homes can be any shape or size, as long as they are small! It means that there are plenty of options available when it comes to choosing a tiny home. You can buy one that is already built, or you can have one custom-built to your specific needs.
Types of Small Houses in Christchurch:
- Tiny homes on wheels: They are usually between 50 and 100 square meters in size. Tiny houses on wheels are built on trailers. They can be moved easily from one location to another when needed.
- Micro-houses: Micro-houses are slightly larger than tiny houses. They are usually between 50 and 100 square meters in size.
- Miniature houses: Miniature houses are designed to look like full-sized houses. They are usually between 100 and 200 square meters in size.
- Granny Flats: Granny flats are small homes attached to another house, particularly for grandparents. They are usually between 50 and 100 square meters in size.
Now that you know more about mini homes let’s take a look at some major benefits of these houses.
Benefits of Small House in Christchurch:
- Small houses are cheaper to buy and maintain: These homes are more affordable and cost less to heat and maintain. So you can save a lot of money by living in a small house!
- Use less energy to heat and cool: Tiny houses are easier to heat and cool than larger houses because they have less space. It means you’ll use less energy, which is great for the environment.
- Easy to clean and keep tidy: Small homes are much easier to keep clean and tidy than larger houses. It is because there is less space for dust and dirt to accumulate.
- Everything is closer to hand: Everything is close at hand in a tiny house. It means you don’t have to walk far to get what you need.
- Movable: One of the great things about these houses is that they are often transferable. It means you can take your small home with you if you move to a new town.
How to Set Up Your Small House in Christchurch:
Keep a few things in mind when setting up your small house.
First, consider what you need and what you can live without. For example, you may not need as much furniture as you think – less is often more in a small space.
Second, make use of vertical space. Wall shelves and hooks can be your best friend in a small house.
And lastly, don’t forget about storage. Even small houses have plenty of storage options if you get creative.
Small houses Christchurch are becoming a more popular option for people as there are many benefits to downsizing into a smaller home, from saving money on your mortgage to being more environmentally friendly. If you’re considering making the switch to a small house, be sure to do your research to find the best type of small house for your needs and budget. And remember, the best place in Christchurch is to be close to all the amenities and activities.