The need to replace locks may arise for various reasons, e.g., for a security upgrade, lost keys, or even when one moves to a new house. Locks are an essential aspect of home security and, as such, should be carefully chosen. Most robbers take advantage of faulty or old locks to break into homes.
The To-Do’s When Replacing Locks
One of the most important things to do is check the old lock’s setup before buying its replacement. It helps to eliminate any cases of a mismatch between the past and the new lock. A properly locked door is the first line of defense in a home. Some people have mastered the game of unlocking locks, and this is a threat. Thus when choosing a new lock, you have to be careful as this can cost you more if you do not get a legit lock.
It is also crucial to engage a highly skilled locksmith from credible and reputable firms that understand the installation of door locks. Some people pose as locksmiths but cannot do the same effectively. For instance, electronics locks can only be installed by a person who understands how it is programmed to operate.
Also, purchase a branded lock such as Era Door Locks from a professional locksmith company that will provide expert advice accordingly. Some licensed locksmiths have been in the market for a long time, and they know their work. They got so many professionals to deal with whichever lock you will want to install. They have served many, and the reviews are fantastic.
Instances When You should choose to Replace Locks
Replacing locks is a good option when you are upgrading home security. Other situations to consider replacing locks are when;
- You have experienced break-ins and need to beef-up security.
- Your locks have seen better days, i.e., wear and tear.
- You have lost your keys, or if it’s stolen.
- You desire to upgrade to higher quality locks, such as smart locks.
- You have a new roommate or tenant. It is a cautionary measure to ensure that old tenants cannot access your property once they move out.
- There is a need for a change of style, e.g., for decoration or renovation, and need new colors and designs.
- There is a disabled person in your home and you need to make the locks friendly and ease their mobility. It will make sense to change to keyless locks if they have problems inserting a key or turning a doorknob.
Choosing the Right Replacement Locks
Choosing the right locks can be challenging, especially with the many options available in the market. Here are some basic things to consider before selecting your locks.
First, it is crucial to confirm the type and size of the existing lock and whether the replacement is for internal or external doors. Secondly, consider your desired level of security, i.e., whether you need smart locks or electronic locks.
There are different locks, including handle sets, electronic/keyless locks, multi-point lock systems, and interior chain locks. Be sure to select that which best suits your needs and within your budget. Era Door Locks have a wide selection of locks with varied sizes from which you can choose your replacement locks. It can help you feel safe and deter intruders with a range of durable, reliable, and quality door security in various styles, materials, and levels of protection.